Monday, July 04, 2005

I have an addiction

It is time for me to come clean. I have an alter ego with a whole other life. And it is starting to affect my reality.

I am addicted to Home and Garden Television. It was always bad but now they have introducted "real estate" night. Show after show of Buy Me!, The Million Pound Experiment and multiple other shows where the people invest miniscule amounts of money and come out millionaires. And they ALWAYS sell the homes at a gross (err, disgusting) profit margin.

Other people dream of beaches (or whatever ;-)). I, at the start of my slumber, buy a run down old home in the downtown core. Then, before REM kicks in, I have single-handedly gutted the electrical and plumbing and opened up the main floor to a "modern open concept plan." By the time Todd comes to bed, I have refinished the floors and am choosing the tile for the newly created powder room.

My addiction has gotten so bad now that I drive by homes wondering, how bad is it inside? For better or for worse.... I suspect that I will have to come clean at some point in my life and pony up to taking the flipper risk. It seems a shame to have been taught so well by Holmes on Homes and never actually put that knowledge to risk.

Snore ... articulated band saw ... hand held power sander .... snoooze ....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you come by that dream honestly because I have one very similar. Ofcourse I purchae the older house for practically nothing and take no time at all to complete renovate including new gardens and fencing. Maybe you could help me with my renovation if and when we ever get to move to the Ottawa area.
Granny

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home