Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer time Planning

I faced a mocking last night; from a neighbour whose opinions I had before respected. You see, I have organized summer for my children. There are 10 weeks of summer vacation. I have seven camps (some half days) booked for them. I have weekend trips (some close, some far) planned out in advance and am now standing at the quick just daring someone to send my plans toppling... Jen - this is aimed directly at you!

Am I the only one who starting calling around in May to see when the camps were? Am I the only one who has printed out a calendar that keeps my spouse and caregiver informed of where my children should be at any given time?

"Where is the free time?", she asked me. Huh???? It is right there.... scheduled on weeks three, seven and nine? Are the people around me blind????

:-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you done taken the time to produce an addendum (weeks 3, 7 and 9). I am thinking a free time agenda for the allocated free time. Perhaps a break down in 30 minutes chunks, though that may be throwing caution to the wind. Perhaps the tighter control of allocated 15-minute chunks may be a better way to go.

P.S. If anyone is looking for me or the kids don't bother with the schedule. We'll be at the creek catching frogs :-)

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

would an unscheduled visit from a certain sister-in-law cause havoc in your summer plans??That would be Mommy-at-home not Mommy abroad.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home