Monday, November 06, 2006

We Belong Together

My husband calls me a flake. I frequently do not know where my bank card is. I rarely lock the door on my vehicle and I am constantly purchasing additional pairs of mittens or scarves as I have misplaced the ones that I had been using.

The trouble is not that I am not intelligent. It is that these things are simply not important to me.

I am usually balancing my own three children and a flurry of their friends. These are the things that are important to me. Do I have all the children I am meant to have? Are they happy and safe?

You could ask me a question like that at any given time during the day and I will be able to answer you.

I met a mom in my area walking the kids home from school one day last week. She is a wonderful person and I never feel judged by her. She wanted to let me know that she noticed the cat outside that morning and that my husband had not closed the garage door behind him so, she hopes it is alright, but she opened the door to the house (which was not locked), let the car in then manually closed the garage door. At least that way it was a visual block for a would-be robber.

It was an anomoly my husband told me.... as I snickered in the background. I understand. He is trying to get three kids out the door WITH their school bags and lunches and mittens and hats. I totally get that.

This morning he stooped lower than me though. He called an eight year old who lives across the street as he was driving to work. He asked him to look outside his window to see if Todd had remembered to close the garage door this morning. And DON'T TELL YOUR MOM.

That's flaky.

1 Comments:

Anonymous bingo lover said...

You pretty have a good neighborhood and an awesome family of unique qualities---flaky?! but anyway, that is life. Without the flakiness, life would be a lot perfect but nobody has a perfect life. We all have a perfect imperfect life :)

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home