Saturday, October 21, 2006

Issuing an Apology

Grandmaman, I am sorry that I ever doubted you.

You see, I am committed to my all natural, non-chemical solutions to most things in life. At the same time, I fully recognize that they simply do not work.

I have kept my Irish linen table cloth since February when it received a massive red wine stain. It was a heck of a party but no amount of natural cleansers could get that stain out. I even gave in and bought and used bleach. Repeatedly. This table cloth was a wedding present from Ireland. It is special to me. And, with the days of consulting behind me, money no longer grows on trees.

I am having another party tonight. There will be lots more red wine. I could not come to terms with buying another tablecloth, knowing full well that we will all have a little too much to drink. And the tablecloth will not survive. So, I gave in and tried the OxyClean that grandmaman had given me in a little baggy.

The tablecloth and the little baggy had been sitting on my dryer since last February.

OMG - it worked. I doubted that it would work and I doubted the premise that it is a more natural cleanser than bleach. I figured you were wrong on both counts. I have my tablecloth back now though. It is not perfect but you would have to look really closely to see the stain. Something we will not be able to do after a few glasses of the stainer!

Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home