Friday, October 20, 2006

Please God

The routine in my life is that I pick up the children from school. Since both schools dismiss at the same time, it is physically impossible for me to be at both on time. I am grateful that I have made arrangements with another family to pick up their daughter and Keegan at 3:20 and then I meet the father walking home with my other two.

The ride from the school home with two 3 year olds is always a hoot. I hear about their versions of events that happened at school. I hear about things in the other little girl's home and I hear about the things they would like to do.

Yesterday, Jayden (the little girl) informed me that she would like to go for a bike ride with Keegan this weekend. I agreed that this could be arranged and we discussed all the people that would be invited. Keegan's older brothers. Jayden's older brother. It was important to Jayden that my husband Todd be invited. Sure, I say. Of course he will come.

At which point Keegan informs Jayden that he cannot come. Sometimes daddy is mean Keegan says. Sometimes he spanks mommy. I almost choked on my tongue. Willing myself not to laugh I ask the obvious question: "where the heck have I been while this is happening?" Throw a pack of Marlboro's in my pocket, add a NASCAR flag flying proudly and we'll be all set.

Please God, let Keegan be SOOO shy at school that this is not a conversation that he has already had with his teachers. Please God. I would hate to have to move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home