Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I wish I could go back

Before I was a parent, I had every confidence that my children would NOT be the children in the grocery store acting out and my children would not be the ones the teachers have to reprimand.

When I had one child, I would be concerned with parents who let the children wander out of arm's reach. I would feel badly for the children whose parents would "ship them off to my house" repeatedly. I figured the parents were at home eating bon-bons with complete disregard to the needs of their children.

Now, with three, I would like to go back to a time when I knew so much. I would like to go back to a time when it would bother me that I have to leave my children unattended, locked in their car seats in the van, while I run inside the house *finally* to pee in private.

I would like to go back to a time when my middlest does not tell me "I didn't ASK you, I TOLD you" when I refuse to serve ice cream for supper. At least it wasn't at school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home