Friday, October 20, 2006

antics that make you laugh

or something like that.

I went to pick up Keegan from his "school" on Thursday night. I was greeted (nee accosted) by a group of screamin 2.5 - 5 year olds. "Keegan did it. Keegan did it." I wanted to crawl inside a hole before I even got into the classroom area.

It seems (the teacher tells me) that Keegan left the water running in the sink in the bathroom. With a wad of paper in the sink that clogged the drain. And the bathroom is large and outside of the regular school area so it was not noticed. Until the water started to seep into the classroom area.

I would have given my left arm to have been the mother of another child at the school at that moment. ANY OTHER CHILD.

Of course, I apologized. I did not laugh. Then I made excuses. You know, he just turned three. It is easy for someone who JUST TURNED THREE to forget to turn the water off when they leave the bathroom. In my head, I am wondering where the supervision was. But, I know that the curriculum for this school is much more hands off then I choose to be. Of course, I am working with the assumption that this was an accident.

I ask Todd to investigate further when he does the drop off the next morning. It seems that this phenomenon has been a problem at the school for a couple of weeks now. Starting with an older child. It is a right of passage that they transfer this knowledge onto the younger crew. And the teacher mentions, Keegan did it TWICE on Thursday. Not once.

Most of the kids at this school are girls. And most of the kids are extremely docile. Not only would it not occur to them to do this, they would not move from their mats to the washroom without express permission anyway. Ahem, yeah, I have not been blessed with that kind of child. I have the creative, curious and yes, mischevious child that causes grey hairs every time I pick him up at school.

Where is that stone for me to crawl under?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home