Wednesday, October 18, 2006

How a Woman's Mind Works


Things are good in the Robinson household. Both my husband and I are employed. There are no financial issues. While there are a few things hopping health wise, there are no major health problems for us. Relatively speaking, we are coping with health issues in the extended family as well and there has been minimal impact on the boys.

Life is Good.

Yet, when my S-I-L was here over the weekend, we hashed out some issues. I love talking with her: she is at the same stage in life with three young kids, trying to get her act together to get back to work. She is a human being who, like me, is trying to figure out this world.

Together, we figured out that university is only 9 years away for my oldest (10 for her oldest). Now, neither family is scraping to make ends meet but, it is difficult to put away a large nest egg for university. We are paying daycare and mortgages, student loans and retirement savings. This financial sandwich stage probably has the least discretionary income than any other point in life.

And so we stress. When I should be celebrating as we pull our mortgage off our debt load, instead I stress. How on earth will we pay for university for three boys, I ask my husband. How???

Oh, to be a man. And a relaxed man at that. His reply is that we always pull through. There is no reason to be stressed. We will chip away at the savings that we need and, in the event that there is not enough savings there, we will rely on debt and just pay it off later.

Womens' brains? We don't work like that. It sure is refreshing though!



Had a wonderful time this weekend Jen. I look forward to seeing which liner you chose and the wonderful "grotto" they are creating in the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home