Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Liams Gunna Kill Me

So, this is the post where my eldest son looks back and wants to die out of embarrassment. You see, we went through his Valentine's last night. While completely stripped of anything edible, many of the cards had not yet been opened and given the decent viewing they deserve. And many of them were from girls.

Liam is lucky. Unbeknownst to Todd and I, we have somehow :-) created a visually appealing version of ourselves. Yes, we too are shocked at times. Liam, you see, is hot. In an eight year old, still picks his nose kind of way.

And the Valentine's that he received showed that. There were curly cues and smiley faces and hearts with 'I love you' written on the inside. The only things missing were the promises of marriage and the dowries of candy. Which, when I explained it, seemed quite interesting to him. Hmmm....the completely self-focused boy asks, do you think I could get a guitar? Or a pair of healeys if I promise to marry them?

Sigh. The only difference as he ages will be the content of the question, not the nature of the question. So, uh, mother, do you think Suzie's family will buy us a lambourghini if we marry? A cottage in the poconos? Nice to know that I have created a kind and conscious kid...

2 Comments:

Blogger DaniGirl said...

Blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin - it's no surprise he's a fave of the girls!

Tristan told me the other day he met a new girl at day care - and decided that very day he loves her so much "my head might explode with love". Yikes!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Huw said...

In 6 years time, he will be wanting a guitar to GET the girls, not vice versa.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home