Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Naked Olympics

I have seen one of the wonders of the world. And I think it should be mainstreamed.

You see, my kids have this thing about being naked. Last night was supposed to be swimming night but, it appears, the daycare person indulged child number two and let him make, bake, then eat, two Easy Bake Oven cakes. By the time I got home, he was holding his stomach, would not eat his supper and was making frequent unsuccessful attempts in the washroom. I decided it was not in our best interest to put him in a public pool. And not in the best interest of the other swimmers either.

So, we needed to get some excercise. Er, "we" being the figurative word. After cleaning up from supper, we went upstairs to read and have some quiet time. The clothes, they slip off more quietly than a cheap stripper, I tell ya! Before I knew it, Aiden was sitting beside me in his underwear and Keegan was asking for "elp e. I naked too!"

Well, I am smarter than I look. I am not falling for that naked - NOT POTTY TRAINED - thing again. It was messy enough last time. But I succumbed to the almost naked thing and the running began.

Apparently naked bodies feel good running in the wind. There was jumping on couches (yes, I allow that on the old basement furniture), there were races back and forth and finally there was jumping over each other. All excellent choices for the next Olympics. I think I will submit the idea.

4 Comments:

Blogger DaniGirl said...

My boys would so win a gold medal at the naked olympics. They practice every single night.

Me: Bedtime!
Boys: (ignore)
Me: No, really, it's time for bed. Everybody upstairs.
Boys: (ignore)
Me: Naked time!
Boys: (stampeding upstairs to see who gets to be naked first)

They simply will not allow me to put them to bed or into the bath without at least 10 (on a rough day, I'll stretch it to 30) minutes of running around upstairs, hooting and hollering in blissful naked abandon. They are SO my parents' grandchildren.

(And woo-boy, are you going to get some wicked google traffic with this post!)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

I hear ya. My daughter likes to run around yelling, "I'm a nudie...I'm a nudie...Look at me!"

And I do, and then I smile. 'Cuz how can you not with immodest happy creatures prancing around?

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well those boys are SO NOT like their grandmother..you see Danigirl! But I am an observer and dearly love watching them...maybe next trip I get to see the Nudeparade performance.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

my kids used to love to run through the house naked when they were little....even had to keep an eye on them so they kept clothes on outside..lol. Thanks for the memories...this was a cute read.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home