Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Letter to the Teacher

Dear Mrs. Bergeron

I regret that I am having to bring a case of obvious bullying to your attention. You see, Aiden has come home with scratches, albeit small and sometimes invisible, every day since school resumed after Christmas holidays. I am told that a little boy named Noah is a self-assigned bully and has been responsible for torturing Aiden, among other children, in the classroom.

I understand from speaking with other parents, then corroborating the story with my son, that Noah is actually NOT in my son’s class and does not come into contact with him, well, ever. Aiden is fully aware of this and yet, this terrible little boy somehow manages to push and scratch my son, without ever having to be in the same room. This just speaks to the awesome powers that this child has. He is a super hero bully.

Aiden and I have talked about coping strategies. Yes, I used the words coping strategies with him – he is very smart you see. But, I am at a loss in teaching him how to cope with his invisible aggressor. Somehow, my advice to use your words is lacking in force when the aggressor has no visible ears.

Aiden assures me that he has brought this situation to your attention repeatedly. However, in speaking with you, you remember nothing of the conversations and do not have Noah in any of your classes. What are you trying to hide??? Who are you trying to protect???

I would appreciate you invoking special security measures in your classroom, akin to a HazMat scene. According to my only source (Aiden), this is the only thing that will stop this other child.

PS. Please do not call social services.

PPS. He seriously believes this to be true and has even come home from school crying about the issue. I have heard kids can have imaginary friends. It just never occurred to me that I would be dealing with an imaginary enemy.

3 Comments:

Blogger y-vonne said...

Just to be clear: I am not insane enough to have sent this letter. I did discuss the situation with the teacher and we have had a good laugh over the creativity of little minds. And I will beat him accordingly ;-)

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bully might be imaginery but where are the scratches coming from? Obviously they are visible even to you and his teacher?
Granny

8:20 AM  
Blogger y-vonne said...

Some scratches were visible and some were not. I think he has a vivid imagination and has seen another child getting attention for this kind of a situation. We are trying to respond to the need for attention but not the situation. Man, these creatures are complicated.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home