Wednesday, October 05, 2005

You think you're busy???

So, the lives of parents are busy. Multi-tasking is a mode of survival but yesterday was unbelievable.

In order to ease up some financial stresses, I have taken on consulting again. I am consulting Tuesdays and Thursdays for 10 hours each day 7 am - 5 pm. It makes for long days for me but is very lucrative. It also adds additional stress to dad as he has to do swimming lessons, etc. on his own on those days.

So, I arrive home at 5:30 and realize that my eldest son's teacher has sent home an assignment for me: trace, cut out and glue googly eyes on 25 Thanksgiving turkeys. And make 25 rice krispie squares. Which of course, I cannot do just for one child so: make that 50 rice krispie squares. Then pack up the old plastic containers for a friendship party for the next day.

And make dinner, bathe the children before bed, do homework with the two school age kids and try to keep up with laundry and chores.

Who else can say they have done gaggles of turkeys and huge tracts of krispies all on the same day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot swimming lessons from 5:00 -5:30, Talking to 3 different people about day care. A run to the grocery store for juice boxes.

11:55 AM  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Yep, you're busy. I'd say congratulations, but I'm not sure that's the right word. I'm sorry? Good luck?

Did you read "I Don't Know How She Does It"? This post could be a scene from that book, except I think hers is muffins for the first grade pageant.

Yours in overwhelmedness,
Dani

12:26 PM  
Blogger Huw said...

Tsck. And I suppose it was too much bother for you to do an extra batch of rice krispie squares for meeeee was it?

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home