Monday, August 22, 2005

Little Girl's Birthday Party

So, my niece is turning four in a couple of weeks. While I was travelling with child number two in Germany and France :-), my husband took my other two children to my nephew's birthday party, six hour's drive away. With school starting soon, it is NOT my intent to drive six hours any time soon. It has been a thorn in this little one's side that her cousins travelled for her big brother's birthday party but not for hers.

So, with said soon-to-be four year old visiting this weekend, we took matters into our own hands and threw a four year old GIRLS birthday party. I have never had a little girl's birthday party in my house. My home is filled with hot wheels, roaming reptiles and Star Wars.

I was stunned at how much fun it was to shop for cute little hair clips, a tiara (every four year old girl NEEDS a tiara), beady crafts and baubles. I have never had the chance to see a little one slowing open wrapping paper and squeal with delight over the contents. I have never had the chance to have fancy necklaces for the guests (which, to their dismay included only boy cousins and the aforementioned boy brother).

It was an absolute delight. Thank you little girl, for indulging my fantasies, if only for an evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The little not quite four year old absolutely loved the party and within five minutes of arriving home had donned the much needed tiara, earings, bracelet and necklace and was twirling around the living room showing her Daddy that she was now a real princess.
Thanks Auntie!!!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home