Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Third Child Syndrome

Dear mommy and daddy -

It sucks to be the littlest. Not only do I have to watch as my big brothers go off to school each morning, all my best two year old tactics are wasted.

Last night, I DID NOT WANT to go to bed. I kept telling you, "I do it" with my diaper and PJs and you just smiled and laughed. This is serious stuff for me - a brewing tantrum is not to be taken lightly or mocked by you. Finally, out of frustration I let loose the wrath of my fury.

I kicked my legs - even trying to get you a couple of times. I screamed at my loudest pitch (looking around for brotherly support on this critical issue of nighttime routines). I rolled to my tummy and pounded the floor. That was the crux - it should have set you quaking in your slippers. Instead you smiled. And asked me if I would like some help now.

My brothers have completely ruined all of the fun for me at this stage of life. The tantrums, the pure frustration at my limitations. The "I do its". You guys have seen it all. No-one but me seems to lose their cool. That's it, I'm moving to a house with first-time parents. Wait a minute, Auntie Meghan has not experienced this before. I think I will save all the fun for her!

From -

The almost two year old.

Editor's Note: Good luck Auntie Meghan. Welcome to two!

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Oh man, I feel your pain! I only have two, but your third's description of the nighttime routine sounds far too familiar!

BTW, I came over to check out your blog, since you were kind enough to visit mine. I'll be back, I think I'm gonna be a frequent visitor!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home