Friday, August 05, 2005

Did You Check in the Dishwasher?

Kids are funny creatures. You never know what they will take an interest in and how it will end up.

Let me set the stage. Last night my 'not quite two year old' fell face first off the swing into the sand, resulting in a full facial sand blast. You can imagine the little eyelids peeking out through the layers. Needless to say I brought him into the kitchen, sat him up on the counter and started washing.

Well, he picked up and dumped any cups or containers on the counter, then moved to the soap, then to the scrubbers, then to the plug for the garborator. Hang in there - this is not just a list of the things on my kitchen counter, I am going somewhere with this.

Back to the garborator. The plug had lettuce and refuse on it so I took it from him (or so I recollect) and told him it was dirty. However, these little creatures move fast and, while I was not looking, re-took possession of the garborator plug and made off with his treasure. I did not even notice the booty missing until the telephone calls from home started this morning.

Darling Husband: Where did you put the plug for the garborator
Me: Uh....
Darling Husband: I have checked the garbage, the dishwasher, the pantry, the toilet, outside in the sandbox, in the dryer, in the recycling container. I am out of ideas
Me: You do know I am at work, right?
Darling Husband: And I asked your 'less than two year old' son for help in finding it...he took me into the pantry and handed me an apple sauce.
Me: Uh... were you hungry?
Darling Husband: This is very frustrating. I am going to go and check in his crib.
Me: Good luck on that. (note to self: screen telephone calls for the rest of the morning).

Finally, it was located under the dishrack in the dishwasher and in order to retrieve it, all of the dirty dishes needed to be removed. Hmm...that is where I would have stored a treasure....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you were at work, but I had to find it. Without the plug the Garborator could not be emptied, without that, the dishwasher not run. No clean dishes no clean kitchen, without a clean kitchen I have nowhere to fold and sort clean laundry, therefore no laundry gets done. Which means the bedroom floors don't get the laundry removed, and thus they do not get cleaned.
And if all that is not accomplisherd and you come home and find me lounging on the beach chair watching the kiddies play in the baby pool... well then I am done, like toast....

7:39 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I love this story! I've found so many of my lipsticks in various places (including the trash!).

Thanks for coming by my blog. I had to check yours out, too! :)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home