Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My almost 2 year old fell last night

Now, for any of you who know kids out there, this title is not a big revelation. Kids fall all the time. However, they don't USUALLY fall out of a crib, with the sides up, after they have been coddled and rocked and read books to.

He fell flat on his head and has a massive bump there. Once I inspected all moving parts and snuggled down the ouchies, I was left with a decision to make. Do I put him back into bed to fall asleep, hoping that I do not have to deal with a severe head injury or do I break my rule of putting kids to bed drowsy (but awake) so they can learn to get to sleep on their own....

I decided to take him for a walk in the stroller - we went to go see a hot air balloon land. On our return home, daddy took over and read him the riot act before putting him in the crib. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think he is ready for a big boy bed but I do not want to risk injury.

2 Comments:

Blogger DaniGirl said...

Oy! Poor wee lamb.

For what it's worth, Tristan was 20 months when we turfed him from his crib (cuz we needed the crib - he was showing no inclination to get out) so a big boy bed is not out of the question...

Give his noggin a kiss from us...

11:29 AM  
Blogger y-vonne said...

Yep, he climbed out. At least he did not repeat again last night.

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home