Thursday, July 14, 2005

Je doit parler en francais

Comme Postcards from the Mothership maman, je travaille pour le gouvernement federale donc je doit parler en francais. Je ne sais pas au parler en francais. Il y a une probleme.

Canada is a bilingual country. Not to be confused with countries like France where it is the norm for people to speak both languages, in Canada 84% of people speak English only. Seriously, here are the stats. However, to work for the federal government you cannot expect to be the norm. And I walked into this knowing that I would need to get stronger in French. Ok, seriously, I was hoping to force them into working in English but apparently that ain't gunna work.

So, back into French training I go. No more time to surf random blogs and play wack-a-mole on my PC. Now, all the time that I spend doodling around my actual work deliverables will have to be focused on learning.

It is something that I have always wanted to master. With the amount of time I have put into it, you would think I was half way there. Somehow, some of us seem to be able to obtain bilingual status making it look easy. I am not one of those people. I struggle over understanding the 'why' of the language rather than just learning the 'is'.

Mais, je doit etre bilingual donc je doit practice. Bien sur!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home