Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ghost Post by the Significant Other

Chicken Soup for the Father's Soul

I beat my children last night and it felt really, really good. I even managed to lay down a few on my wife. That felt even better.

I was merciless, they begged me stop, they pleaded with me to stop, but I kept up my relentless assault. I hit their heads, their chests, their stomachs and legs. At one point I even knocked the legs out from under my eldest and dropped him to the floor, following with a huge blow to his abdomen. Age gave no mercy. I attacked the 7 year old as much as the 2 year old.

I am not sure how the pillows made out though. Man, did it feel so good to get into a full-fledged pillow fight with all three boys. I whacked a lot of pent up aggression out on them. An hour later the boys were sweaty, mostly naked (apparently pillow fighting must be done in your underwear) and exhausted. I was feeling pretty good myself. *editor's note - the father resisted the insistent pleas that he also get down to his skivvies*

For future reference if your kids are frustrating you ... disguise a good beating as a pillow fight: it is great for your soul.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuckle, chuckle ! Big smile. I know the boys are probably telling the kids in the school yard how they got even with their dad for making them brush their teeth every night!!!
It's a male thing...like a fish story:)

5:14 AM  
Blogger Huw said...

Slip a bread board in your pillow sleeve. That's my pillow fighting tip.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

LOL..that was a great post. It's funny reading it cause my 26 yr old single mother of my 5 yr old grand daughter does stuff like that with her...sure beats the alternative when you get frustrated.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

360 is no more. Even I cannot justify the $700.00 price tag.

Next time perhaps

9:58 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

We'll be trying that out here! That was too funny... hehe.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home