Monday, November 14, 2005

Who's on the Phone?

So, not that many years back I can remember mocking my in laws. You don’t have to worry about me throwing insults here - the whole family was in on it and it was usually to their faces.

See, his hearing had faded a little bit and, well, she was a bit distracted. It seemed that they were regularly misinterpreting what the other had said. And man, the funny places that can lead you. They were mocked regularly for telling each other the phone was for them when the phone had not even rung.

On the weekend, I approached that mocking stage. We, in our wisdom, and between hockey, skating, playgroup and gymnastics took the enfants out rollerblading. Halfway down the path and going at mach five I decide NOW was the appropriate time to start a conversation with my spouse. It went something like this.

Me: My knees feel like jelly.

Spouse: WHAT?

Me: My knees feel like jelly.

Spouse: coming to a full stop and looking at me with daggers. Do you really think that now is an appropriate time to tell me that your needs are not being fulfilled?

Me: laughing so hard I fall flat on my butt, pulling down a four (and three quarters) year old and tipping a stroller.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that made me chuckle...really chuckle. It is always a milestone when one's children reach a point of AH HA...now I understand my parents. We should write these down and save the collection for our great grandkids !!!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

LMAO...that's an original.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home