Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Christmas Lists

And so it begins.

In some countries, preparation for Christmas starts once Hallowe'en or Thanksgiving is over. In Canada, preparation is marked by the delivery of the Sears Christmas Wish Book. For reasons that I won't go into, Sears has deemed it necessary for us to pick UP a copy, rather than the home delivery enjoyed by so many others but I digress.

About two weeks ago we got our books (not one but three to avoid fights). The boys reviewed each page of the special 'Toys' edition with care, ensuring no pictures of toys were creased in the process. And then the lists started.

My eldest has informed me that he will be thoughtful this year, only asking that Santa bring him 10 presents. He has culled the list down, deciding that the remainder of things will have to come from grandparents, parents and brothers. He was even so generous as to 'spend' one of his presents on an extra controller for the X-Box so that his friends (READ - NOT BROTHERS) will be able to play with him when they come over.

Aiden is trying hard to keep up with his brother's drive. He can think of a couple of things but doesn't yet get the writing to Santa concept. People - it IS only October.

And then there is Keegan. Doomed to a life of hopping up and down yelling, "Me too, me too", he doesn't get the concept of Christmas or Santa but he knows that he wants a piece of the action. He has picked out EVERY dump truck, garbage truck and tractor from the book. This is despite the fact that he already owns all of them.

This year we are playing things quiet at Christmas. We have been famous for our 4 city over 8 days Christmas tours and last year was one that I will never want to repeat. This year we are staying at home. It will be quiet. Except for all the trucks crashing together.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's my list

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=CADHS1&sku=320-4111&category_id=4009

7:11 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

Christmas has always been and will always be my favorite holiday. I used to loved shopping for the kids when they were little and now I just have my grand daughter to shop for....my kids being grown tell me to save my money so I usually buy them a gift certificate to somewhere they like to go...I love the excitement christmas brings to kids.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Huw said...

I am refusing to comment on Christmas blog entries until early December.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Huw said...

Except I just did.

Dammit.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

We only have two boys, and yet our youngest (also 2), clearly has the same qwest as Keegan: "Me too! Me too!". In this family, we have to get two of everything, unless we want mutiny to break out. Sigh.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home