Monday, July 25, 2005

I just had the perfect weekend

With some kind of co-operation between man and God, I just had the perfect weekend. In Ottawa the weather was a balmy but not stifling 27 degrees and the sun was wonderful.

On Saturday, the babe and I rode up to the grocery store on my bike. Using the trailer, we managed to bring home a full load of groceries with him laughing and giggling the whole way. I have to admit it is a little unnusual to have to ask the gentleman behind me to stop pulling my top up while we ride. Not completely new to me, but unnusual. :-)

The afternoon was relaxing as well. While the littlest slept, the big guys played at the park and I finally started the new Harry Potter book. I only got a few pages in when a crane tractor (insert formal construction name here) pulled up on the side street and started doing his construction thing. We scrambled to get Keegan up then sat, like weird stalkers, on the sidewalk watching as he worked. The sheer wonderment in Aiden and Keegan's face was worth every minute.

On Sunday, Todd went for his mountain bike ride with a friend allowing the gang and I to have a leisurely breakfast. Once dressed and fed, we packed up snacks for a trip to the Papanack Zoo. We had scored free passes and brought our own snacks so the kids got to see all the animals without it costing the price of a small car. On the way home, we stopped at a local veggie booth for fruit and headed straight for my sister's pool. She is in a complex with a fantastic pool. Great shade, solid fencing :-), a diving board and bleechers for the bored kids to play on.

Now, the hard part is that I had to leave to come to work this morning. My husband is off on holidays with the boys this week with a wild week of waterparks and skateboarding planned. I am envious. I hope that they have fantastic weather and good moods for the whole week and that we can have a repeat wonderful weekend coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home