Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I'm Bored

This could be a product of the time of year or maybe I am just catching the boredom from my school age kids who are now MORE than ready for them to open the doors to the school.

I'm bored at work. I'm bored at home. Don't get me wrong: I am not equating this with some of the serious issues that I know people are dealing with out there and this is not a sympathy call (the adult version of the booty call). It's just that I have been caught up in the daily routine for the last little bit and would like a little spice. I'm feeling restless, and for those of you that know me, that spells trouble.

I remember this time of year in my long drawn out education process. Many years of preparing the school supplies and, in the university days, working like a dog in the last few weeks trying to bolster the bank account for the September hit of tuition. There was a goal then. At this stage in life, there are no great changes for me during September. And my children are too young to grasp the concept of time well enough to get excited.

Maybe I should lay out their napsacks and neatly aligned school supplies. If I can drum up some excitement in them maybe it will be as contagious as the boredom. And, in Ottawa, we are feeling the after-effects of Hurricane Katrina today. Heavy rain and wind. Yet another explanation for the general melancholy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack. I'm with ya sistah'.
:|

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Booty call? huh I says pardon...

re-reads thread... whew for a second I thought you were calling my booty calls boring. Now what am I going to do with that ebay order of 700 clear balloons and 12 bottles of hot sauce.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home