Wednesday, September 07, 2005

First Day of School

Well, yesterday was the first day at school for my eldest son. He entered second grade with a sense of confidence that I wish that I could mirror in my everyday life.

His teacher this year is absolutely fantastic. I stayed for the first two hours to see how things panned out and the woman opens the class by taking out her guitar and singing with the students. I think Liam is in love. She will have no trouble getting control of this class: she is young and pretty. I was worried about the girl to boy ratio 8:18 in her class but after seeing her in action I think she will be fine.

I was surprised when I went to leave the class and he asked me to stay a little longer. It made me feel good that he is still in the stage where he wants me to be active in his life. I know that all too soon he will ask me to walk behind him in public places. As busy and all-consuming as this stage is, I am not looking forward to my kids moving off into their own lives...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home